Why choose Bromsgrove International Summer School?
- Experience life at one of the UK’s top co-educational boarding schools.
- Improve your language skills, academic and cultural awareness.
- Ideal preparation for overseas’ students starting high school education in the UK.
- Intensive English language tuition.
- Enjoy a varied and exciting activities programme both on and off-site.
- Relax and feel at home in the comfort of Bromsgrove’s excellent and newly refurbished boarding house accommodation.
- Bromsgrove staff are friendly and caring and provide a 24 hour supervision and medical service.
What courses are available at Bromsgrove International Summer School?
Bromsgrove offers a Vacation Course, for students aged 8-17 who would like to improve their English and Communication Skills, or for the more motivated student, an Academic Preparation Course (for 11-17 year olds) for those who intend to study at a UK Boarding School in the future. Both courses encourages participants to speak with confidence and more fluently through classroom based learning, activities such as sports, art/design and cookery, and day trips and excursions to cultural and historic sites around the UK.
Students on these courses are split into two categories: Juniors (for pupils aged 8-12 years) and Teens (aged 13-17).
For the more motivated and inquisitive international students, our Futures Undergraduates Programme is designed for those aged 15 to 17 who are intending to study at a British university in the near future. The course will help students prepare an application to UK universities through the UCAS system. It will also look at how to apply to other top US and European universities.
I am local to Bromsgrove, do you provide courses or camps for day children?
The separate Easter & Summer Activity Weeks are open to day children aged 8-13. You do not have to attend Bromsgrove School as a pupil to take part in these. The Activity Weeks are different to the International Summer School, although many of the activities will be taken together with students from overseas. The Easter & Summer Activity Weeks run in the School holidays (excluding bank holidays). For more information on these activities, please email email@example.com.
What accommodation do you provide at the International Summer School and how are the students supervised?
Bromsgrove has 10 on-site Boarding Houses, with one additional House in the town itself. Accommodation for the Summer School will be available in newly refurbished on-site Boarding Houses.
All Houses have:
- Single, twin, triple and four-bed rooms with individual wardrobes and desks.
- Modern bathrooms on every floor with washbasins, showers and toilets, some rooms with en-suite.
- Common room with TV, communal kitchen and payphone in every boarding house.
- Bromsgrove House staff are resident in every boarding house to supervise and assist with student welfare.
- 3 substantial meals per day in the School dining-room plus morning, afternoon and evening snack.
- 24-hour supervision and medical assistance.
- Laundry service.
What are the course dates and fees?
Please refer to the Dates and Fees page.
What is included in the course fees?
- *Return airport transfer from LHR and BHX between 8am and 6pm.
- Residential accommodation. Maximum of 4 per room but most are single or double rooms, some with en-suite.
- 3 meals per day plus a morning, afternoon and evening snack.
- The Vacation Course offers a minimum of 20/25 hours of English language tuition in international classes with a maximum of 12 students per class. The tuition is increased if students opt for the more intensive Academic Preparation Course.
- Intensive English tuition, all course materials and certificate on completion.
- Free WiFi and access to PCs.
- Medical supervision from Bromsgrove School Health Centre.
- Extra-curricular activities/sports and full use of all the School's sports facilities during free time.
- Four full-day excursions/trips each fortnight: London, Oxford, Drayton Manor Theme Park, Bath, Black Country Living Museum and Warwick/Stratford (programme of trips to be advised upon booking).
- Optional half-day excursions (additional £10 charge per pupil per trip applies).
- A full programme of exciting evening activities and outings.
- Help with Visas (The School has Highly Trusted Status from the UK Border Agency).
*GBP 150 supplement for return airport transfers from LGW, LST, LTN. Any charges made by the airlines for unaccompanied minors are not included in the course fees and should be paid locally when the flights are booked. FOR GROUP PRICES please contact Liberty Chance or Rachel Scannell before completing the booking form.
What is the application process?
- Complete the online Course Booking Form.
- You will need to send a 50% deposit or the full fees, along with a passport sized photograph of the student separately by post after you have submitted the onljne form.
- You will then receive a Course Booking Confirmation Letter (with visa support if required) together with a deposit invoice.
- Your balance invoice will be sent out 8 weeks before the course start date and is due no later than 6 weeks before your arrival at Bromsgrove.
What items do I need to bring with me when staying at the International Summer School?
Please refer to the Information for Parents Checklist in the Document Library. However, items that all Summer School residents will need are:
- One lockable suitcase which is not too big for the child to manage.
- One small knap-sack suitable for carrying a packed lunch and shopping.
- One money belt.
It is useful to name clothing.
- A light weight waterproof jacket.
- Sports clothes.
- Comfortable walking shoes/trainers.
- A warm top and jeans, in case it gets cold.
- A smart outfit.
All materials for academic study are provided.
- One swimming/bath towel.
- One hand towel.
- Warm pyjamas and bathrobe.
- Hairdryer (if required).
- Adapter for 240 volt – 3 pin plug (if required).
- Shower bag and toilet kit.
- Musical instrument if preferred.